Hours: Full Time – 45 hours per week
• Must hold a childcare qualification at level 3 or equivalent
• Must have experience of working in an early years setting
• Must possess strong teamwork skills
Duties will include:
• Safeguarding children and ensuring that their welfare is promoted at all times.
• Adhering to the Policies and Procedures of the nursery and compliance with the Early Years Foundation Stage (2014), Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted.
• Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
• Working as part of a team.
• The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
• Working with the Room Leader on planning of activities appropriate for the children in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background.
• Keeping of development records and observations.
• Keeping up to date with best practice within early years and ensuring that this is evident through high standards of education and care.
• Forming and maintaining strong partnerships with parents and ensuring that regular feedback regarding children’s learning and development is shared.
• Positive management of children’s behaviour.
• Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
• Providing a good role model for students and Nursery Assistants and help new staff to fit into the nursery.
• Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records.
• Supervision of meals and mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles.
• Laundry duties.
• Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager
• Participating in regular parents’ evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings.
• Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager, Area Manager and Directors
This application is handled at our Woburn Sands branch by Judith Coleman
For more information please contact Judith on 0800 170 1212 Option Woburn Sands