An exciting opportunity to join an Online Pet Supply company. With offices in Luton, Bedfordshire, this position will predominately be working from home, at least until January 2022 before returning to the office.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have experience as a strong negotiator within a buying or sales department.
The purpose of the role is to manage categories, as assigned and to work with key suppliers, developing relationships that support the success of our company.
- Manage the business relationship with key manufacturers as assigned
- Organise and conduct meetings with suppliers
- Perform frequent range reviews in the relevant categories
- Monitor brand performance and manage accordingly with the objective of maximising sales and revenue
- Identify potential for new brands for the category
- Present joint business plan proposals and provide performance updates both externally with suppliers and internally
- Working with Analytics software, identify areas for opportunity and improvement
- Report on performance
- Present to the company
- Schedule meetings internally and externally as required
- Ensure delivery of Joint Business Plans for the year
- Be the point of contact for suppliers for any specific queries
- Using strong negotiation capabilities Negotiate specific deals & activities with suppliers
- Manage delivery of agreed activity
- Review direct purchasing and forward ordering, with a view to developing new business relationships with additional brands
- Travel Nationwide as required, including where appropriate to trade shows and events
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires minimum of 5 GCSE A-C grades, to include Maths and English.
- Degree would be a distinct advantage
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail purchasing
- Pet or Online Retail experience a distinct advantage
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office, with particular emphasis on Excel and Word
- Self-motivated, organised with excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- The Ability to prioritise and organise effectively
Tony at our Flitwick branch is handling this application.